Monday, November 18, 2013

This is Autism (Sandy Krause)

Written by Sandy Krause, Positive Proclamations

Autism is called a spectrum because every person ‘on the spectrum’ is a unique individual.  But aren’t we all?  I have two kids on the spectrum.  My son, 16 is a tall gentle soul.  I’ll call him the blue soul.  He is very intelligent and loves to research points of interest.  More quiet, reserved but aware of the feelings around him.  When visiting my mother in a memory care unit daily he formed a bond with a male resident there.  The 92 year old man would get upset saying he couldn’t find him mother.  My son would tell him it was OK, put his arm around him, the man would lean into my son and calm down.  The staff said my son’s connection to him was stronger than anyone else they’d seen.

If a child cries my son is right there offering comfort.  If someone is struggling on the stairs he lends an arm.  He’s sensitive to others this way.  When we’re out in public he says ‘hi’ to everyone, including the homeless woman on the corner, the scary looking dude at the bus stop, the mom and child at the store who weren’t speaking English.  When the kids on our dead end street were playing on the steep hill, against the rules a girl fell. She broke her arm, she couldn’t get up.  The other kids ran off afraid of getting in trouble.  My son went to her, helped her up and got her to her house.  He rose above and did the right thing. 

My son has been in scouting since Tiger Cub.  He’s now working on his Eagle Scout project.  He’s had this goal from the beginning.  He takes the scout oath and law very seriously.  My son has been raised to love and accept all others, no exceptions.  When BSA was deciding on whether to allow gay members he was torn by this conflict of morals.  He felt strongly about the rights of all to be part of scouting, something he so values.  He was willing to chuck his lifetime goal if BSA had not include all.  This commitment to others is so rare in our world.  His ultimate goal, to cure Alzheimer’s so no one else loses their grandma.  And with his creative, need to know passion he’ll be the one to figure this out.  

My daughter is 11, she’s an orange soul.  She has spark, creative fire.  At this age the behavior of most of the girls is odd to her.  But didn’t we all go through this in middle school?  She creates.  She draws as well as most professional artists.  Her singing voice is phenomenal, yet she lacks the confidence to sing solo publicly.  She hears a song once and can play it on her trombone, the piano or sing it dead on first try.  Inside is a constant flow of new beauty to let flow to the outside world. 

Her spark shows brightly when she sees someone being harmed.  Animals, little kids, the weak and defenseless have her as their guardian.  She offers love to any critter she can.  Little ones cry and she’s playing peek a boo to get them smiling again.   If a weaker being is harmed she rises to protect them, fiercely.  Little Mama Bear.   Two younger kids, one started teasing and she stepped in and defended the tormented.  A classmate whose words were hard to understand, she looked out for him, bonded with him and became his translator. 

Someday she wants to be an artist.  She wants to make things that say something to help people when they’re sad.  She will lift up lost souls with her works, I have no doubt.

This is autism, each child a unique, creative, loving gift who grow to become adults with great potential.

A single act of kindness throws out roots in all directions, and the roots spring up and make new trees.  Amelia Earhart

8 comments:

  1. When autism is involved people seem to assume that our children are somehow no longer people, as if they have entered a coma of sorts. You have written a beautiful reminder of how deeply human and what amazing people these individuals are and aspire to be. Thank you for writing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I give thanks to Dr onokun for helping me get a permanent cure to Uterine fibroid. I have used different western medication without any improvement, And I could not have a child of my own. I had heavy bleeding, frequent urination, a bulky stomach, and cramping. My bleeding is sometimes so heavy that I can’t go out. I go through 9-10 pads in a day. It is so uncomfortable. I have tried everything you can imagine because I’ve had my fibroid for 18 years but none of them have really worked. They just make you feel like you’re doing something but at the end of the day its not really much of a relief. People advertise all sorts of “Fibroid Cures”. I’ve tried all that you can imagine and they worked for a little while, but it’s not working out you have to keep on going. You cant really stop taking them. I got the contact of Doctor onokun from the testimony of people on the internet, and I contacted him through the Email and explained every thing to him. then he sent me his product which I used for 2 weeks. Now am completely cured so I really want to tell this to the world that there is a permanent cure to Fibroid. contact him on dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com or whatsapp: +2349064844957 he can help on any health issues

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who would have believed herbal medicine could cure FIBROID? I suffered fibroid for a long time and getting pregnant was a problem, I had pelvic pain, heavy menstrual bleeding even hospital could not help. Until I read about doctor Uduehi online, I contacted him for help and behold I was cured. I have gone for test severally at the hospital and was proved negative which means I am free from fibroid and I am also pregnant at the moment. You too can be cured if having such problem. His contact: uduehiherbalcare@gmail.com phone/WhatsaPP: +2347084878384

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greetings to the general public, I want to tell about how I was cured of
      HIV disease by a Doctor called Dr. voodoo . I was browsing the Internet
      searching for remedy on HIV and I saw a comment of people talking about how
      Doctor voodoo cured them. I was scared because I never believed in the
      Internet but i was convince to give him a try because i having no hope of
      been cured of HIV so I decided to contact him with his email that was
      listed on the comment voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com when I contacted
      him he gave me hope and send a Herbal medicine to me that I took and
      it seriously worked for me, am a free person now without problem,
      my HIV result came out negative. I pray for you Dr. voodoo God will give
      you everlasting life, you shall not die before your time for being sincere
      and great men. Am so happy, you can also contact him if you have any
      problem Email: voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com
      or Add him up on WhatsAp +2348140120719

      Delete
  4. Hey Gina! I saw your comment about Dr. Uduehi’s medication concerning Fibroid sometime ago and you were right, I tried it and it worked like magic for me. It was like hell living with FIBROID all this years until now, no more pains, bleeding and no miscarriage and I would've come with my testimony before now but I have to wait for a couple of months to see if it will regrow again but there's still no sign of fibroid, I also went to the hospital for test and still i was tested negative. All thanks to Dr. Uduehi and to you too Gina. And for anyone out there who wish to try can reach the doctor through: (+2347084878384) uduehiherbalcare@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to share this great testimony to the world on how Dr VOODOO cure me from HSV1&2 with his herbs, I was nervous when i first contact him about the cure for HSV but i decided to give him a try because i was desperate to get cured and be free from HSV. Dr VOODOO prepared the remedy and sent it to me through UPS,which I use just the way Dr VOODOO instructed me and thank God today I am a beneficiary to this cure and I went back to the hospital after 7 days of taking the herbs and I tested HSV1&2 Negative. So I will tell you all who are looking for a cure to his/her HSV1&2 that Dr VOODOO took research before he could finally get the solution to it and a lot of people are benefiting from him right now. He also cured my friend from HPV. Dr VOODOO heals with natural herbs. Please I urge you to contact him now through his email address: voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com or call and WhatsApp him on +2348140120719. He is capable of curing HIV/AIDS, HERPES, HPV, HSV1&2, CANCER of all kinds, DIABETES and so many other infections.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Myself and my husband had been trying to get pregnant for 18 months before I was referred to Priest Babaka fertility solution. We had no definite diagnosis of what was wrong and had become very frustrated. In November 2017 I was given a thorough reproductive health work up, I found out I had low progesterone, thyroid issues and a stomach issue which was affecting my ability to get pregnant. This was a very thorough process involving dietary, hormonal and physical investigations and started the recommended treatments in Feb 16 2018 by Priest Babaka. I was pregnant by April 17. I had a baby boy in march 2019. I was carefully monitored and Priest Babaka was always available for me. I can recommend Priest Babaka more highly so much so we are hoping to start trying for a second baby under his guidance. email: babaka.wolf@gmail.com or Facebook at priest.babaka















    Myself and my husband had been trying to get pregnant for 18 months before I was referred to Priest Babaka fertility solution. We had no definite diagnosis of what was wrong and had become very frustrated. In November 2017 I was given a thorough reproductive health work up, I found out I had low progesterone, thyroid issues and a stomach issue which was affecting my ability to get pregnant. This was a very thorough process involving dietary, hormonal and physical investigations and started the recommended treatments in Feb 16 2018 by Priest Babaka. I was pregnant by April 17. I had a baby boy in march 2019. I was carefully monitored and Priest Babaka was always available for me. I can recommend Priest Babaka more highly so much so we are hoping to start trying for a second baby under his guidance. email: babaka.wolf@gmail.com or Facebook at priest.babaka

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC (www.ultimatelifeclinic.com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete